April 5, 2023 - As global security risks heighten, organizations in all industries are feeling the pressure to continuously improve their security posture. At Guidepost, we recognize the importance of having a team with extensive knowledge and experience to better serve your evolving challenges. To achieve this, we recently expanded our security and technology consulting team with six highly qualified professionals who offer a wealth of expertise to meet our clients’ physical, cyber, and operational security needs.
Our new team members have extensive experience in multi-faceted areas such as physical security; threat, risk, and vulnerability assessments; cybersecurity; executive protection; risk management; technology strategy; and systems design. Their diverse backgrounds and varied industry experience will enhance our ability to provide the highest quality of service.
- John Bekisz, PE, PSP, Associate Vice President – With over 15 years of experience, John spent his entire career in the security industry, starting as a civilian in the U.S. Army research and development ARDEC where he focused on biometric access control prior to entering the private sector. His holistic approach to security leverages his engineering knowledge with his operations and emergency response skills to provide threat, vulnerability, and risk assessments, as well as physical and electronic countermeasure consulting and design.
- Maria Dewing, Security Consultant – Maria is an accomplished security professional with over a decade of experience conducting threat and risk assessments, as well as systems design and project management experience in a variety of industries. This includes education, corporate, cultural, government/public, healthcare, hospitality, faith-based, and mixed-use residential/retail. With the recent return of Cathal Walsh and now Maria to our New York office, it’s great to have the old team back together. Welcome back to Guidepost!
- Courtney Klein, Security Consultant – Courtney is a physical security professional with over a decade of experience in the field. She has served as a founding member on several corporate security teams across a variety of operational environments, including commercial analytics, medical nonprofits, cultural property, and financial technology. Courtney has demonstrated success designing, implementing, managing and monitoring security and intelligence operations and performing threat and vulnerability assessments for international and domestic companies.
- Morgan Hassler, Senior Consultant – With a background in law enforcement, private security management, consulting, and academia, he is adept at investigations; advising on security best practices; and performing security and risk assessments by evaluating business operations, employee capabilities, and strengths and weaknesses. He is a 29-year veteran of the Baltimore County Police Department who supervised and operated multiple units, divisions, and task forces. At the end of his tenure, Morgan was the commander of the Hostage/Crisis Negotiation Team.
- Michael Johnson, Senior Consultant –Mike has over 30 years of experience in various roles, including technician, engineer, project manager, and more. He is a leading expert in electronic, physical, and cyber security who blends technologies and security philosophies to make the world a safer place. He has completed system design and implementation projects in a wide range of industries including healthcare, financial services, government agencies, and for high-net-worth residences.
- Denise Lollar, BIM Coordinator – With a decade of industry experience, Denise has led, coordinated, and implemented a variety of Building Information Modeling (BIM) processes with the overall objective of establishing and delivering an execution framework on medium to large sized, engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPC/EPCM) or services projects. With her proficient skillset that includes BIM, AutoCAD, Revit, Inventor, SolidWorks, and 3D modeling, she has already successfully created innovative designs for our client projects.
At Guidepost, we are committed to staying ahead by investing in our team and providing you with state-of-the-art solutions, recommendations based on best practices and market needs, and a tailored approach. As many companies are dealing with restricted headcount or reduced staffing, Guidepost is adding expertise and can serve as your outsourced security team.
Thank you for your continued support and trust in our company. We are excited to introduce you to our new team members and look forward to working with you to achieve your business goals.
If you have questions or want to learn more about our expanded team, please contact us.