Organizations consistently call upon us in times of crisis as a resource to provide independent and transparent guidance and solutions.
Our substantial institutional integrity practice works with domestic and global religious institutions and parachurch organizations from all faiths and practices on a variety of cultural, compliance and investigative matters. We understand the challenges that faith-based organizations face in identifying, addressing and preventing issues such as sexual harassment and abuse. We are experts in assessing cultural and organizational risks and providing concrete steps to facilitate change.
We apply our unique capabilities, relationships, tools, and programs to unearth and analyze crucial information, allowing you to confidently confront sensitive issues that arise in your church, temple, synagogue, mosque, or other religious or parachurch organization. Our team of skilled trauma informed investigators, intelligence analysts, and forensic professionals have achieved an unparalleled track record of results; helping to identify, address, and correct systemic issues related to sexual, gender-based, and racial misconduct within a faith-based context.
Our process and our efforts are governed by best standards and practices designed to ensure accountability, transparency, and care for the wellbeing of the reporting parties.
Guidepost Best Practices:
- Trauma-informed survivor and witness interviews: compassion and care.
- Anonymity and confidentiality for survivors and witnesses, where permitted by law.
- Independence and transparency.
- Practical recommendations that are informed by trauma-informed principles
- Cultural Assessment
- Review of Policies + Procedures
- Tip Line + Response
- Survivor Support Measures
- Security Assessments/Review/Training
- Ongoing Ad Hoc Advice + Counsel
- Southern Baptist Convention – Conducted a thorough and independent investigation into the response to sexual abuse allegations and an audit of the procedures and actions of the Credentials Committee.
- Christianity Today (CT) – Assessed the culture of Christianity Today and its handling of harassment claims, including reviewing its training, policies and procedures, and recommended concrete changes. At the request of CT, we prepared a public report of our findings.
- RZIM – Assessed the leadership, organizational structure, culture, policies, processes, finances, and practices of the world’s largest Christian apologetics ministry. At the request of RZIM, we prepared a public report of our findings.
- Preemptive Love – Conducted a full organizational cultural review and investigation.
- Summit Church – Conducted an investigation of a historic issue and reviewed the hiring of a pastor who was accused of mishandling a past sex crime allegation at a previous church.