Position: SENIOR CONSULTANT- VALUATION AND FORENSIC SERVICES
Location: New York
This is a full-time position that will work under the supervision of Leadership to develop business valuation and economic damage & business valuation reports in both litigated and non-litigated matters. Must have subject matter expertise in litigation and business valuation. Provides support by keeping track of project phases and ensuring their effectiveness and proper completion.
- Preparing business valuation and economic damages reports including analyses in litigated and non-litigated scenarios. Knowledge of litigation and valuation professional standards and current practices.
- Conduct thorough research, analysis, and valuation of businesses, financial instruments and intellectual property for various purposes, such as mergers and acquisitions, financial reporting, litigation support, restructuring, etc.
- Prepare high-quality, detailed, and professional business valuation and economic damage expert reports, adhering to professional standards, rules, and regulations.
- Perform interviews with client and counsel. Assist in the discovery stage. Discuss valuation and damages issues with Counsel. Utilize Guidepost’s research department to obtain the necessary data to support our case. Collaborating with attorneys, the client, and other professionals to gather necessary information to enable the preparation of comprehensive analyses.
- Analyze subject companies data to identify historical and projected financial and operating trends, quality of earnings and working capital considerations, assessment of business risks and develop cost of capital models. Participate in negotiations and meetings with counsel about the subject matter.
- Provide a broad range of qualitative and quantitative consulting services in the areas of business valuation, intellectual property valuations.
- Serve as a team member for financial valuation projects and quantitative consulting engagements, complete project responsibilities on a timely basis. In addition, maintain effective communications with clients and team members to ensure client satisfaction.
- Serve as a member on engagements where responsibilities include the preparation of detailed valuations and economic damage models and detailed expert reports.
- Keep abreast of current market trends, case law developments, and changes in regulatory and legal frameworks relevant to economic damages and business valuation services.
- Support of business development and firm marketing efforts by researching companies, persons and business operations.
- Business Valuation & Economic Damages
- Critical Evaluation
- Problem Solving
- Expert in Technology
- Professionalism & Business Navigation
- Ethical Practice
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; four (4) years undergraduate and MBA preferred
- Five (5) to ten (10) years’ of industry/sector experience
- Experience with the following: forensic accounting, commercial and divorce litigation, expert testimony, damages analyses and valuation of businesses, complex financial instruments as well as intangible assets, and white collar criminal defense matters
- Professional credentials such as CPA, CFA, CFE, ABV, CVA, MAFF
- Experience in demonstrating professionalism, integrity, and ethical behavior while handling sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office tools, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with AI and other emerging technology resources
Travel out-of-area to other regional offices may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. There may be requirements for after-hours responsiveness in urgent client cases.