Position: Office Assistant
Location: Washington, DC
As an integral team player to a dynamic office, this position supports the front office operations and requires excellent communication skills, proficiency in computer programs, ability to multi-task, provide attention to detail, and a high level of professionalism. This position will be a full-time, non-exempt role.
Front office duties include:
- First point of contact for welcoming visitors to the office, answer incoming phone calls and direct inquiries
- Maintains safe and clean reception area including cleanliness of conference room(s)
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of office equipment
- Assist in ordering office supplies
- Manage incoming/outgoing mail including FedEx, UPS, etc.
Provides general clerical and administrative support to all levels of professionals including:
- Support C-level executives in administrative requests
- Assist in proposal writing
- Assists in travel arrangements and reimbursements
- Back up to other Executive and Administrative team members
- Editing and formatting correspondence, communications and other documents, as needed
- Arranging and coordinating meetings and events including setting up conference calls
- Data entry, filing and other administrative requests, as assigned
- Managing and updating office publications such as office directory, etc.
- Arrive to work, timely, as scheduled
- Team Player
- Tech Savvy
- Strong Communicator
- Detail Oriented
- Ethical Practice
Preferred Education and Experience
- A minimum of one (1) years’ experience providing administrative support
- Experience with customer service practices and principles
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge working in Microsoft 365
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.