Position: Accounts Payable Coordinator, New York, NY
This is a full-time non-exempt position that is located in our Corporate Headquarters office in New York. The primary responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Coordinator includes managing the accounts payable (A/P) invoice flow through the office from incoming mail, inputting invoices into A/P, selecting invoices currently due for payment, and final filing of invoices.
- Manages full-cycle accounts payable, including receiving, processing, and verifying the invoices.
- Reconciles processed invoices to ensure the accuracy of vendor coding and input values.
- Set up of new vendors based on company guidelines.
- Timely responses to the vendors, external departments, and management inquiries, escalate the problematic invoices and disputes through effective and thorough communication.
- Manage bank credit card and bank reconciliations.
- Running of monthly accounts payable reports.
- Clearing of electronic payments.
- Assists in the month-end reporting procedures and the annual audit request.
- Organized and with attention to detail
- Accounts Payable
- Communication both orally and written
- Tech Savvy
- Ethical Practice
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance and/or two (2) to three (3) years of processing A/P
- Experience working with Microsoft Great Plains or equivalent software with a focus on accounts payable modules.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft 365 with a strong emphasis in Excel and MS Word
- Experience preferably in consulting (i.e., Law Firm, Accounting Firm, Architect Firm, Engineering Firm, etc.)
- Effective organizational and time management skills with experience working in a fast‐paced and high-volume environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Ability to work overtime on certain key dates during the month.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.