Position: Accounting Manager, Miami
This position is a full-time position that works with both our Miami and Bogota’s office supporting their financial and administrative operations. This position requires the person be bi-lingual with financial reporting, accounts payable and receivables, payroll, and management experience.
- Overall management of administration and job cost accounting for Miami and Bogota offices
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership with annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts, provide monthly financial reporting and explanations for variations
- Thorough understanding of project accounting, fixed pricing, time & materials
- Review and update the completion of each project phase, and ensures that all costs related to the project are allocated and the information is provided to the project manager for billing to the client
- Supervision of the Office Assistant which includes overseeing of payroll, sub invoice processing, American Express reconciliation, and office support
- Review and reconcile all financial statement accounts and provide necessary adjusting entries for month end close
- Manage and prepare invoicing for the Miami office and manage Bogota’s external accounting company which handles, billing, payroll, and taxes
- Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Prepare local office reporting from QuickBooks based on information retrieved from Guidepost accounting systems and financial reporting received from Colombian accountants.
- Compliance with the Company’s Mandatory Vaccine Policy
- Business Acumen
- Accounting expertise
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Leadership & Navigation
- Relationship Management
- Ethical Practice
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration, or related field
- Five (5) plus years of accounting experience
- Must be bi-lingual and familiar with Colombia’s payroll, taxes, and billing laws
- Advanced computer proficiency in Microsoft 365 and/or tech-savvy
- Professionally communicate with executive management to project managers in a variety of disciplines; effective oral and written communication skills a must (email, phone and in person)
Preferred Education and Experience
- Budgeting and forecasting for project revenues and cost
- Recent Great Plains (Microsoft Dynamics) expertise in General Ledger & Project Accounting
- Strong organizational skills to include maintaining documentation on clients, projects, reporting requirements, auditor requests, collections, procedures & policies, etc.
- Experience working with multiple Managers with competing priorities
- Must be very detail oriented, with good follow through skills, and the ability to work independently
- Must be dependable and able to work in a fast pace working environment under pressure
- GAAP accounting knowledge a plus
This position manages employees of the department as assigned and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
Travel out-of-area to Bogota, Colombia offices is expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.