Position: TECHNOLOGY DESIGNER, REMOTE
As a Technology Systems Designer your role will include leveraging your existing design experience to add value to projects while we work together to further develop and advance your capabilities. While managing project deliverables, you will work closely with the project managers/consultants, clients, and fellow designers/engineers. In your role, you will be mentored by project managers/consultants and leadership to develop design consulting capabilities.
Technology Systems design and engineering includes video surveillance, access control, networks, duress alarm, intercommunications, intrusion, door control, perimeter detection, and other low-voltage systems.
- Security and low-voltage system design, engineering, and project management (bid reviews, implementation oversight, and quality control testing).
- Prepare security design drawings (system layouts, system riser diagrams, installation details) using Revit.
- Support and manage development of key deliverables as directed by project management team.
- Responding in a timely manner to project team and end user questions.
- Meeting budget, quality control, and schedule requirements for assigned projects.
- Coordinate and resolve project related issues and work with project manager/consultants and other team members to follow up on issues and status. Identify barriers to resolving issues and work with Project Manager to develop strategies to overcome barriers; provide follow-on activities around issues.
- Coordinate with A/E and internal project team for the development and timely production of project deliverables.
- Security Design
- Low Voltage Systems Design
- BIM and Revit Modeling
- Project Coordination
- Ethical Practice
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field
- A minimum of three (3) years in security system design
- Proven Revit skills
- Experience with, and understanding of, all phases of a design project including concept design, schematic design, design development, tender, contract administration
- Ability to read, interpret and understand and develop A/E documentation, including plans, elevations, equipment/hardware schedules, and other project related information as necessary to complete detailed designs for low-voltage systems integration
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to utilize your experience and expertise in developing and implementing best practices, standards and processes
- Analytical with good problem solving skills
- Comfortable speaking with architects, engineers and other project team members to coordinate and integrate low-voltage systems and details
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.