Position: Consultant, Low Voltage Technology Solutions
This position is based in the SF Bay Area
The Consultant or Senior Consultant role will collaborate with clients, product manufacturers, contractors, other design team members, and other project team members to successfully deliver a project from start to finish. Delivering mid to large-size projects that may span multiple disciplines including security electronics, telecommunications, audiovisual and fire alarm.
Core Responsibility within this role will include:
- Lead designs (construction drawings and specifications) for physical security elements (cameras, access control, intrusion detection, fences, gates, etc.) for client projects.
- Understanding of Master Format CSI specifications and ability to write new content as needed.
- Collaborate with consultants within our client environment to develop design standards, evaluate costs, risk, and benefits of designs, and facilitate design discussions.
- Facilitate effective project team and cross-functional interactions (Technical, Operations, BD, Marketing, etc.) by working successfully as a part of a team and business functions to achieve positive results.
- Participate in maintenance of the clients’ Basis of Design, prototype design, and specifications for physical security elements.
- Communication and record keeping of project decisions and directives in both written and verbal formats. Maintain project repository of documentation in a consistent and comprehensive project delivery method.
- Create security design scope of work for design RFPs.
- Manage multiple fast-paced projects simultaneously.
- Provide technical content to new business proposal and firm qualification packages.
- Support business growth through pursuit of new work and brand awareness via attending industry events.
Knowledge and Skills we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or equivalent education/experience preferred
- Minimum of four (4) years’ of experience in identifying low voltage technology solutions primarily expertise in security electronics and applying into a typical AEC industry design package.
- Ability to deliver system designs using an engineering approach to produce a well-coordinated set of construction documents within the project budget.
- Ability to effectively understand client needs and develop appropriate solutions that meet operational intent and budget parameters.
- Follow processes, continually seek to make processes more efficient, enforce processes, and conduct root cause analyses that lead to the update or creation of processes.
- Experience using Bluebeam, Salesforce, Smartsheet and MS 365 as core software programs used in the role, knowledge preferable.
- Understanding of building info ration modelling (BIM) and value of infrastructure and other disciplines coordination in the model.
Like to Travel?
Travel for site assessments, internal design meetings, construction review, and interfacing with design consultants.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.