Position: Analyst, Compliance + Immigration
Location: Washington, DC
This is a full-time position that requires an individual to fulfill multiple roles during daily office operations and within a project. The Analyst will work with a global mobility compliance team on immigration matters. The Analyst will provide support by collecting, tracking, and preparing important confidential data, keeping track of project phases and ensuring accuracy through completion.
- Intake of U.S. visa cases from multiple clients
- Prepare set-up and collection of information from candidates and multiple entities for management to evaluate, build petitions/applications, and preparation to interact with immigration attorneys
- Prepare petitions for filing with the U.S. government according to regulations and client specifications
- Prepare data for reporting and complete concise reports summarizing information by working with case managers/senior management
- Monitor and maintain inventory of case work and case studies
- Based on scope of projects, interact with client employees and coordinate technical support
- Quickly responds to all client, project lead, and co-worker communications
- Assist with new business presentations as needed
- Work with other analysts and researchers collaboratively and productively for an exchange of ideas
- Extensive utilization of databases both internally and externally
- Handle confidential information and adhere to strict non-disclosure agreement requirements
- Takes ownership of assigned work products and pride in completed results
- Attends scheduled meetings promptly and timely
- Constant use and awareness of multiple communication streams, including email, MS Team chat, mobile phone calls
- Attention to detail with all project functions is critical and essential; precision = success.
- Professionalism & Business Navigation
- Critical Evaluation
- Collaborative Team Player
- Ethical Practice
Required Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree and/or one (1) to three (3) years of industry/sector experience
- Experience with strong internet research, writing, data analysis, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Advanced presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools; including Excel, and Word, and Adobe Pro
- Knowledge of various web-based conference tools and software with the ability to provide presentations of work products for reviews by peer personnel
- Experience in multitasking and juggling multiple priorities and deadlines
- Thorough knowledge of, and experience with, U.S. visa categories and assembly of petitions for submission to the federal government, including H, L, EB, and Adjustment of Status instances
- Knowledge of, and experience with, the DHS USCIS Form I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification) and the Handbook for Employers (M-274), including preparations and/or audits
- Ability to work independently in a highly effective and productive manner
- Acclimates well to a fast moving and multi-faceted, team-centric project environment; able to take the pace and stresses of tight deadlines with a high volume of casework
- Values perfection with consistent attention to detail in all work products
- Quick learner of process-centric and repetitive methodologies to weave-in with the current team
Travel out-of-area to other regional offices may be expected.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. Access to reliable Wi-Fi is a must for any remote work, particularly, if necessary, in the evenings and weekends.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. For any deviation, please consult with your supervisor. When necessary, works during evenings and weekends based on urgencies and team goals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.