Position: Accounting Admin Coordinator, Miami
This is a full-time non-exempt position that will support the Miami office with administrative functions and assist the Accounting Manager with general accounting duties. This role requires an individual to be bi-lingual as this position will be communicating with our Bogota, Colombia office.
- Provide general administrative support for the office such as office mail and supplies, booking meetings, ordering of food and beverages for client meetings, etc.
- Receive and log subcontractor invoices for entry in project accounting system and process through payables module
- Manage and coordinate the timely preparation, processing of pre‐bills and month-end bills for offices support by Miami staff.
- Set-up new cases and projects in Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains
- Partner with various employees across all offices to ensure accurate and timely issuance of bills to customers to enable prompt payment
- Provide prompt follow‐up to any billing and invoicing inquiries
- Organize and maintain the billing files; other documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practice
- Voucher accounts payable invoices
- Payroll processing for local employees includes documentation and expense review
- Assist corporate accounting team on various special projects as needed
- Follow up on accounts receivable data
- Ethical Practice
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Associates Degree in Business, Accounting, or a related field minimally required.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in billing functions, preferably in consulting (i.e., Law Firm, Accounting Firm, Architect Firm, Engineering Firm )
- Experience working with Microsoft Great Plains and Jovaco software with an emphasis on the billing modules a plus
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft 365 with a strong emphasis in Excel and MS Word
- Effective organizational and time management skills with experience working in a fast‐paced and high-volume environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Ability to work overtime on certain key dates during the monthly close or other times in which the department workload is at a high level.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.