June 1, 2021 - Sheppard Mullin’s French Insider –
Julie Myers Wood joined Sarah Aberg, special counsel in the White Collar Defense and Corporate Investigations Group at Sheppard Mullin for a discussion of the key immigration challenges facing international companies looking to do business in the U.S.
- What impact has the Biden administration had on immigration thus far?
- What categories of visas are now open for applications again following the travel ban instituted by the Trump administration?
- Why is there a huge backlog at the Consulates?
- What is the greatest difference between the current and prior administrations when it comes to business immigration?
- Is a comprehensive immigration bill likely to pass any time soon?
- What type of immigration rules related to Covid restrictions should companies be aware of?
- If a company is bringing talent from overseas into the U.S., what measures should they be aware of?
- How can companies help prepare their traveling employees for their immigration interviews?
- Are immigration applications being scrutinized differently under the new administration?
- Will post-Covid immigration limitations look the same as the Covid immigration limitations?
- How will the new USCIS director impact French businesses?
- How will influx on the border impact international businesses?
- How can French businesses remain in compliance with their visas?